Sunday 27 November 2011

Another Depressing Blog.

Its been a while since I've blogged, but my internet was down and everything has been pretty tough lately. For so many weeks, I've been consumed by this anger, and I've lashed out at pretty much every person who loves me. And now here I am, and for the first time I realised that the anger has faded. Its not gone, and I have no doubt that it will return, and when it does, I will feel this surge of hatred for him again. But right now, all I feel is a sense of loss. I feel like I'm grieving the loss of a parent that I've not lost. He just walked away. Just like that. And it kills me. 
 
We all like to think that we're our parents world. Okay, so we fight, and we use teenage angst against them and we moan, and they moan, and its a vicious circle. But under it all, all we can hope is that our parents love us onconditionally, for whatever mistakes we make, that they're there for us any time, any place, any day of the bloody week. So for one of those two people to just wake up one day and walk away from you, well it breaks even the strongest of people. Because how do you cope with that? How do you begin to explain it to yourself in a way that doesn't hurt you? 
I have this ache inside of me, and I just want to cry all of the time. And every time I ache from crying, and my eyes are puffy and I have snot literally covering my face, it doesn't get better. Or easier. It hurt so much more. And what hurts the most is knowing if you really allowed yourself to give in to the pain, and emotion, then who knows how long it could take before the tears stop falling, before you can cry your eyes and move on. Because right now, crying is the only thing that seems to make it okay. 
 
So here I am, having had no contact from my dad, and feeling lost for the first time. I don't know what to do most of the time. I feel so many different emotions, I don't really know what to do. But I do know that with every tear that falls from my eye, I hate you. I don't feel as though you deserve any emotion from me, but I cry because I deserve that release. I deserve to be able to find a way to deal with what you're putting me through. And to any person who ever said tears are a sign a weakness, then you're wrong. I've been strong for so many weeks now, and I still am, but every person has the right to mourn the loss of a person they never thought they'd lose.


No comments:

Post a Comment